Return to Headlines
Board Candidate James Corbett
Each individual running for the two spots on the Board of Education were given these questions to answer. Below are the answers to each of these questions.
- How do you define leadership and how to you support good leadership throughout the school from Superintendent, to building administration, and throughout the faculty, staff, and even young people within the district? A great leader posses a clear vision, is courageous, has integrity, honesty, humility and clear focus. ... Great leaders help people reach their goals, are not afraid to hire people that might be better than them and take pride in the accomplishments of those they help along the way.” The way to support the different people that works for the school is always make sure you have a clear mind when you are talking to any fellow board members or anyone that is higher in the school district.
- There are many needs to address in supporting a young learner; from food stability to emotional regulation to special education accommodations to enrichment opportunities and beyond. How will you facilitate support and guidance for ALL learners at APW? I think that every learner at APW needs to have their needs met, like if they need food for home.need to talk to someone about any problems, and if they need extra help for taking a test then they should be able to get all the time they need to finish the test.
- Communication Is important to help to include and involve the entire district and community as well as to promote transparency. Communication has historically been a focus that continues to be in question and ongoing communication needs perpetually exist. How do you promote communication and how do you define appropriate and effective communication? The best way to promote communication is listen to your team members, get feedback,host team building games, and have monthly one on one meetings. The best way to have good communications is to make sure that everyone on the board agrees with everything that is being discussed at the board meeting and that everyone works well together to figure things that need to be fixed or needs to be taking care of immediately.
- What knowledge and background do you bring that would help our district grow and move into the next generation of learning? My background is that I am a eagle scout so that will show that I have good leadership because, i know how to talk to big groups of people and i know how to listen to the residents of the school district to see what concerns that they have about the school and what they would like to see what they would like to see done for the schools.
- Why do you believe you are the best candidate for the position? I believe that i am good for this position is that i used to work for the school district and i know how the school district and the school board members work all together to make sure that everyone works well together, to make sure that all of the schools get things that need to make the school run smoothly.
- What is your philosophy on education? My philosophy on education is that everyone should get the proper education that they need to succeed in school and i also think that special education classes should get the same education that everyone else and if they need extra help to get their education then they should get all the help they need.also i think that there should be child left behind if they are lacking from them get the proper education.