In order to graduate, it is required for students to complete at least 18 hours of community service during their senior year at APW. Completing community service hours does not only allow you to meet the graduation requirement, but also makes you eligible for a wide variety of college scholarships when your senior year comes to a close. Check in with Mr. Algie or Mrs. Coppola regarding opportunities to fulfill this requirement.
You can submit your volunteer hours electronically using the Volunteer Hours Form and your guidance counselor will be able to see all of the volunteer hours you have submitted throughout the year.
Current community service opportunities:
Booster Club is looking for workers at the indoor concession stand (Winter and Spring)
- You must complete 18 hours of Community Service in order to graduate
- The Parish Parks and Recreation Committee is looking for volunteers to help out at Merrill Park in Parish on Saturday, May 19th, for “I Love My Park Day”. They will meet at the park at 9:00 a.m. and hope to finish before noon. They're looking for help with raking and cleaning the trails of debris and downed trees, disc golf installation, possibly painting and some gardening/weeding. Anyone interested in volunteering can call Shannon Masters on her cell at (315) 447-5157.
- The Alumni Banquet will be held at the High school again this year on Saturday June 9th starting at 5pm. In the past the Alumni has had some students volunteer to help set up, run the banquet and then clean up. They will be setting up the banquet on Friday June 8th at 5pm and will return to the school on Saturday June 9th at 4pm to finish preparing for the banquet. The Alumni banquet has raffles (baskets, etc) and 50/50 that also takes place. All proceeds go toward 3 scholarships for graduating seniors. Please contact Rhea Russell at 315-708-5550 to sign up for this event.
- The Town of Parish is looking for volunteers to help clean up the cemeteries before Memorial Day. Please call (315) 952-2097.
- The library can use 2 students to help with inventory from May 21 – June 1 – this can be done during the day or from 2:30 – 3:30 with prior scheduling.
- Mr. Hill will welcome students in his room to complete their community service hours; there’s always cleaning to be done. Halls Blueberry Farm Dutch Hill Road is looking for students
- Mr. Poore will also welcome students for help
- United Friends of Homeless Animal’s Thrift Store- contact email email@example.com They are located at 4859 North Jefferson Street, Pulaski across from Community Bank
- Please continue to check your emails for updated opportunities